Monday, October 11, 2010

Diaper Bag, for Mama not Baby


Gone are the days of my cute little purses. And I don't carry a purse and a diaper bag. In my (modest) opinion the diaper bag is my purse. No, its not a small bag for money as defined by Merriam Webster. Its a huge bag full of necessities for my children and myself (and occasionally my husband). I do not let the gender of my child dictate the color since I am the one carrying it, not them. I used to like handbags but now the stakes are higher- the number of pockets, the material, the accessories. I've become a diaper bag connoisseur.

My current favorite is my brown Kate Spade (KS) Stevie Baby Bag, which was my Mother's Day gift last year. The year before that I received a Petunia Pickle Bottom (PPB) touring tote. We got great deals on both bags, thanks to the outlet mall and Ebay, as they can both be a little pricey. I like the versatility of the PPB and the classic style and size of the KS. Although I'm not angling for a new one, the PPB Sashay Satchel is really cute...and more affordable! (Hubby I hope you're reading this -- and just in case you are -- Mia Bossi makes nice diaper bags too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment