Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Take on the Elastic Waist Skirt Mama Edition

Photo by Morgan C. Bolton




Photo by Morgan C. Bolton


So, I originally saw the Freshly Picked: Elastic Waist Skirt Tutorial - Mama Edition posted on say Yes! to hoboken. I agreed with Liz about the shape and bunching, so I made a few alterations*. I didn't use as much fabric and added darts in the front. The finished product is a little more straight. My favorite parts about the skirt are the pockets (thanks to the template and instructions from Susan) and the fabric which is home decor fabric from Joann. I can't wait to make another one.

*Side note, I think the original design is nice. However, since I just had a baby four months ago I'd rather not have as much gathering in my midsection:)

11 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i love the changes that you made to it. + the belt! genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think the belt was a nice touch! Yeah, you should make more...Ahem...did I mention that my birthday was coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the geometric print. You just had a baby 4 months ago?! You look FAB.U.LOUS!

    Chandra
    http://www.momomod.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Tiffany. When is your clothing line coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Cara, right now I sew for fun and for gifts. Maybe that will be an option in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was going to be able to buy some cute skirts. Oh well... In the meantime I will keep clicking on the 'My Shop' button and pray something shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove your version!! It looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan,

    Thank you so much! I really appreciate your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Nice
    I have a dress just like that skirt. The same exact designs and patterns :)
    -Yaa-

    ReplyDelete